We are in search of a talented landscape architecture intern to join professional to join our office for May through August 2020. At site, interns work on all facets of projects, from pre-design through design development and construction documents, and are involved in meetings, site visits, drafting, and rendering. We currently have more than 200 active projects in Chicago and across the country, including master plans, high-end mixed-use developments, streetscapes, parks, and schools. Interns are typically immersed in multiple projects of varying types simultaneously.
- Pursuing a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, or Urban Design
- Previous professional experience is a plus
- Competency with relevant software, including: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk AutoCAD, and Sketch-up. Knowledge of 3-D modeling software is a plus.
- Strong hand drawing and graphic skills
- Enthusiasm and interest in becoming integrated in firm processes
- Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and efficiently in a fast-paced studio environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with firm colleagues
- A commitment to design excellence and innovation
- Passion for the profession and an ability to have fun is a must!