site design group, ltd. (site) is a creative landscape architecture and urban design firm based in Chicago, Illinois. Our multi-disciplinary team is enthusiastic and fun-loving, and we thrive on thoughtful collaboration. We are seeking collaborative, motivated, and innovative design interns to join our Chicago studio from May through August 2024.
At site, interns work on all facets of projects, from pre-design through design development, construction documents, and field visits. We have more than 150 active projects nationwide, including public parks and plazas, schools, master plans, streetscapes, and mixed-use developments. We pride ourselves on our engagement with communities, ensuring that every design resonates with the unique needs of the communities we work within. We are well-versed in not only creating outstanding designs, but a deep understanding of how to get our work built. Interns are immersed in multiple projects of varying types and scales and have the opportunity to work closely with all #sitesquad team members.
This position will be in person in our studio in Chicago’s South Loop.
- Current students or recent graduates from a Bachelor or Master’s program in Landscape Architecture, Architecture, Urban Design, or a related field.
- Previous professional experience in a design firm is a plus.
- Competency with relevant software, including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk AutoCAD, Revit, and 3D modeling software.
- Strong hand drawing and graphic skills.
- Enthusiasm and interest in becoming integrated in firm processes.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to work collaboratively with firm colleagues.
- A commitment to design excellence and innovation.
- Passion for the profession and an ability to have fun!
Don’t meet every requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification in the job description. At site, we are dedicated to building an outstanding, diverse, and inclusive team, so if you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.